Employees of FAMM are deeply motivated to help fight the injustice and burden of mandatory minimum sentencing. The work is meaningful and the impact is profound. Whether you work as a paid full-time staff member or volunteer at one of our events, your contributions will help us to achieve our mission.
How would you like to work in a highly creative job in a fun place with great people — and try to make the world a better place at the same time? Consider joining FAMM!
For more than two and a half decades, FAMM’s mission has been to create a more fair and effective justice system that respects our American values of individual accountability and dignity while keeping our communities safe. And one of our most powerful tools in this work has always been stories. By sharing the impact of unjust sentencing and prison policies on incarcerated individuals, their families, and their communities, FAMM has helped create urgency around the issue. Our stories and videos make the problem feel real to policymakers who have to be moved to make meaningful change, as well as the general public.
In support of this work, FAMM is seeking a talented Videographer/Editor to help craft original videos and photography for FAMM’s website and social media needs. He/she will work with the Producer/Director to capture evocative and creative images. We are seeking a shooter who can handle documentary situations with skill, discretion and speed, as well as light interviews in the field or studio, and execute two-camera coverage of panels and news conferences. Duties include handling technical tasks associated with these projects, including preparation for shoots and keeping equipment maintained and organized. Post-production tasks include telling a compelling story through images and music, brainstorming powerful ways to feature our stories, designing accompanying graphics and proper archiving of finished multimedia. The Videographer/Editor will also have the opportunity to pitch ideas for new projects.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience helping organizations enhance their branding, messaging, and storytelling efforts with photography and videography. The Videographer/Editor reports to the Producer/Editor.
What You Get to Do:
- Serve as the primary videographer and editor for FAMM video content
- Shoot and edit creative video content that educates, informs and empowers FAMM constituents to become advocates for prisoners and their families who are affected by bad prison and sentencing policies.
- Serve as secondary producer on video projects
- Develop and implement new concepts for live-streamed events
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent videography, photography, and photo/video editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in film, fine arts, multimedia studies, journalism, or related area
- Familiar with creating multimedia content for social platforms
- At least three years of experience operating video cameras and editing equipment
- Preferably advance skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects software
- Proficient in lighting for field and studio
- Experience with Facebook Live or other live-streaming tools
- Highly creative and imaginative
To apply, send resume, digital portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment at FAMM is based upon qualifications and competency. FAMM does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, color, sexual/gender orientation, marital status, parental status, veteran’s status, union activity, political affiliation, physical or mental disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform the job or any other basis prohibited by law.