Post Date: March 18, 2014
Hello, Florida FAMM!
We are on the verge of passing the first real sentencing reform in Florida in nearly 15 years. Our bills reforming 10-20-Life AND Florida’s drug trafficking statute will be heard in the full Senate THIS WEEK!
Both SB 360 and SB 448 will be heard in the full Senate this Thursday, March 20. I can’t express how important it is to our movement that this bill passes now. FAMM has worked with the sponsors of these bills from the very beginning, and we are thrilled to see them ready for a vote!
Now, it’s your turn.
It is VITAL that you email YOUR SENATOR and tell him or her to support SB 360 and SB 448. It’s easy!
1. Go here: http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/Find. Type in your zip code to find your Senator.
2. Click “Email this Senator.”
3. Under “Topic,” click “Other.”
4. In the “Your Comment or Question” box, type: “Please Support SB 360 and SB 448.”
5. Type in your contact information.
6. Click “Send Email.”
We’ve never been this close to passing sentencing reform before. It’s time to act and get it done! Thank you for your help!
Greg Newburn, FAMM Florida Project Director