FAMM, the nation’s leading nonprofit sentencing reform organization, seeks a Communications Director. The ideal candidate should be a dynamic, creative, organized, hard-working communications professional with a track record of success. The Director will be joining our fast-paced and agile staff, leading the communications department.
This energetic team player should have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years working in communications, journalism, marketing and/or other related fields;
- The passion and commitment to further our nonprofit mission with strong, precise, and effective messaging;
- Be able to work holistically across departments to analyze and articulate FAMM’s communications goals, beyond ad hoc tactics to a broader strategy umbrella;
- Possess the ability to think creatively and with passion outside of the box, working closely with our Storyteller and Multimedia Director to convey FAMM’s messaging;
- Have a strong understanding of media outreach and a vision of how to best engage outside media to communicate FAMM’s varied messaging; engage directly and energetically with national press (the ideal candidate should be able to tell the stories of FAMM to the media in a highly effective way);
- Have proven and demonstrable experience developing and implementing communications strategies, including traditional and social media, for a company or organization;
- Have very strong writing/editing and verbal communications skills;
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and
- Experience with WordPress or other website management platforms.
Candidates with experience in the following will be favored: database management, Google Analytics and SEO, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, XHTML, and CSS design.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com, with the subject line “Communications Director” and your last name. No phone calls, please.
FAMM provides a full benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer.