Answers to State Prison Issues


People in state (not federal) prisons must deal with problems through their state prison systems’ administrative remedies procedures – the federal Bureau of Prisons cannot help, unless the state prisoner is incarcerated in a federal facility. State prisoners can ask their wardens, case managers, or counselors for information and forms to file complaints and get relief.